Shabby chic furniture is characterised by its distressed and rustic appearance. Inclusive of interior furnishings and furniture, shabby chic gives the appearance of being antique without the hefty price tag. Soft, opulent and with a cottage-style feel, shabby chic furniture can be used in almost any style home.
What Is Shabby Chic Furniture?
A style started in Great Britain, shabby chic furniture is evocative of the decor found in large country houses where you would find worn paintwork and floral prints. Often unassuming good taste, the furniture would be of a great quality but well used and worn. As a result, shabby chic furniture achieves an elegant and sentimental effect which is popular in modern design today.
The earliest forms of shabby chic furniture were grand but simple in style. Taking inspiration from Swedish painted decoration and French Chateau’s, pieces were functional and simple whilst beautiful in texture and colour.
How To Decorate Your Home With Shabby Chic Furniture
One of the main features of shabby chic decor is the visible signs of wear and age on the furniture. Different from antique or vintage, shabby chic has a classic style with an aged finish. At The Orchard we have a stunning collection of made to measure shabby chic pieces for use throughout your home.
- Bedroom – For the bedroom, look for shabby chic pieces which are quintessentially French such as our Entienne 3 Drawer Chest. Finished in a stunning sea green paint, this antique style chest of drawers can be used to add a delicate pop of colour to your boudoir.
- Dining Room – In the dining room go for a more industrial style look, which is both practical and beautiful. Every home needs a good dresser, and our large scrubbed pine cupboard would be the ideal addition. Rustic in style with an industrial twist, this cupboard is inspired by old draftsman desks. Featuring vintage mental hand pulls, this would be great for storing your best crockery, glassware and cutlery.
- Living Room – Our gorgeous leather studded club chair is the finishing touch your living room needs. Furnished with aged and distressed leather, the period style of this chair would make a great feature in any home.
- Kitchen – For the perfect country kitchen, add a shabby chic Welsh dresser. Accommodating your crockery, dry goods and utensils, a Welsh dresser is a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. Choose from 9 different colourways to match your kitchen decor.
- Bathroom – If you are looking to create a New England style bathroom, shabby chic furniture is the perfect addition. Ideal for storing towels and linen, take a look at our Heart Hall Storage Bench. Featuring a hinged seat for easy storage, choose from a variety of different colourways to match your decor.
Give Your Home A New Lease Of Life With Rustic Furniture From The Orchard
Whether you are redecorating your home or looking for additional pieces of furniture to match in with your existing decor, browse online at The Orchard. Here you will find a great range of rustic and shabby chic furniture to add character and style to any room in the home.
For more details on made to measure furniture, call today on 0845 643 0363 or email email@example.com.